Did you know that there’s a way to see all your old Instagram bios? And it’s really easy to do! Here’s how.
Instagram launched on October 6th 2010, which means people have had their accounts for up to ten years. That’s a really long time, and most of us have probably changed a lot over those years.
Thinking about yourself and what you would’ve posted on Instagram ten years ago is a pretty scary thought, and most people have saved themselves the embarrassment and deleted all their old content.
But what if I told you there was a way to see all of your old Instagram bios? And your old usernames too. Yes, it’s true. There is a way to uncover all of those cringey bios, and it’s actually really easy to do.
Here’s a step-by-step guide!
- TRENDING: Twitter reacts to Capitol riots with memes
How to see your old Instagram Bios
- Open Instagram and head to your own profile page (click on your profile photo in the bottom right-hand corner).
- Press the three lines in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Press ‘Security’.
- Click on ‘Access Data’.
- Now you will be taken to a webpage.
- Press ‘Accept’ and then log into your Instagram account.
- Scroll down to ‘Profile Info’ and find the section that says ‘Former bio texts’.
- Tap ‘View All’.
Twitter users react to their old bios
The trend of looking at your old Instagram bios is currently going viral on social media, and people have been taking to Twitter to react.
One Twitter user said: “I JUST FOUND A WAY TO SEE MY OLD INSTAGRAM BIOS AND IM… SO MORTIFIED.”
“HAHAHA there’s a setting on instagram where you can see your old bios and mine are so embarrassing,” said another.
Another person tweeted: “Looking at my old bios on Instagram is making cringe hard.”
- TWITTER: Hoax says Mike Pence unfollowed Trump
Other old information you can access
It’s not just your old bios that Instagram lets you access either, you can also see a lot more information about your Instagram account including:
- Old usernames
- Old names
- Old links in your bio
- The date you joined Instagram
- Old passwords
- Old email addresses
- Old phone numbers
- Login activity
- Story activity
All of this can be accessed in the same place.