An old TikTok filter has resurfaced and it’s going viral again, but it’s got a new name. Here’s how to get the Mouth Sync Filter.
However, the old filters never lose their charm, and sometimes it’s actually those ones that stay the most popular. An old effect called Mouth Sync is taking over the app again.
Here’s everything you need to know about he Mouth Sync Filter, including its new name.
- MIYA PONSETTO: Meet the ‘Soho Karen’ who attacked a teen in NY
What is the Mouth Sync Filter on TikTok?
Back in 2019, TikTok introduced the Mouth Sync filter, and it remains just as popular on the app almost two years later.
When applied, it allows you to sync your mouth with something else, like another human or a pet. Your own mouth is essentially just copied, but it looks really effective and can make for some pretty hilarious sketches.
If you want to give it a try, find out exactly how to find the Mouth Sync Filter below.
Has the filter disappeared?
The filter is a firm favourite amongst TikTok users, so people got a bit panicked this week when they thought that it had disappeared.
Don’t worry, the filter hasn’t actually been removed from the app as people thought, it’s just got a new name! Rather than being called ‘Mouth Sync’, the filter is now called ‘Dubbing’.
No one knows why TikTok decided to change the filter’s name, but it’s exactly the same effect as before.
- TRENDING: Morgan Wallen teases unreleased music on TikTok
How to get the Dubbing Filter
Finding the filter on TikTok is easy, just follow these steps:
- Open TikTok and press ‘Discover’ in the bottom bar.
- In the search bar, type ‘Dubbing’.
- Find a video that’s used the filter. Above their username there should be an orange star symbol that says ‘Dubbing’ next to it.
- Click on the filter and press ‘Add to Favourites’
- Now go to film your TikTok and the filter we be in your saved filters.